The drug Sustanon supplies the body with testosterone, which is necessary for proper growth, development of the male reproductive system. It helps the proper functioning of the testicles, ensures the maintenance of normal libido; erectile function; the work of the prostate gland, seminal vesicles.
- It allows you to increase plasma concentrations of testosterone, DHT, androstenedione, estradiol, lower the level of SHBG, RT, FSH to optimal values.
- Therapy with Sustanon leads to the removal of symptoms associated with a lack of testosterone.
Active components positively affect bone mineral density and muscle mass.
- With obesity, a decrease in body weight, normalization of sexual functions is possible.
- The drug reduces the concentration of HDL, LDL, serum triglycerides, increases the level of hemoglobin, hematocrit.
Sustanon is able to increase insulin sensitivity in patients with diabetes mellitus.
- With developmental delay (boys), growth accelerates, and the rapid formation of secondary sexual characteristics occurs.
- The drug can be used to masculinize transgender women.
Use of Sustanon 250 in medicine
The drug Sustanon is used for testosterone replacement therapy in conditions associated with hypogonadism (primary, secondary; congenital, acquired).
Mode of application
A solution of the drug is injected deep into muscle tissue. Standard dose: 1 ml / once every 21 days.
The use of the drug may be accompanied by:
- prostate cancer;
- mood lability;
- fluid retention;
- a decrease in ejaculatory volume;
- a decrease in LDL;
- nervous excitability;
- a change in libido;
- a decrease in HDL;
- hypertrophy of the prostate gland;
- lowering the concentration of triglycerides;
- local soreness;
- impaired liver function;
- increased PSA;
- local hyperemia;
Sustanon is not prescribed for:
- Suspected prostate cancer;
- suspected breast cancer;
- hypersensitivity to active, auxiliary components;
- indications in pediatrics (children under 3 years old).
With caution, the drug Sustanon is prescribed for:
- the prepubertal period in patients;
- sleep apnea;
- renal failure;
- diabetes mellitus;
- liver failure;
- hypertrophy of the prostate gland;
- indications in pediatrics (children from 3 years old);
- chronic lung diseases.
use is prohibited and inappropriate.
|The drug, a group of drugs||Possible result of interaction with the drug Sustanon|
|Anticoagulants||Enhanced effects of anticoagulants|
|Alcohol-containing products||Decreased Testosterone Efficiency|
|Hypoglycemic agents||Enhanced effects of hypoglycemic drugs|
|Barbiturates||The decrease in the effectiveness of the drug Sustanon|
|Clofibrate||Decreased clofibrate efficacy|
|Fibrinolysis inhibitors||Increased risk of thrombosis|
|Cyclosporin||Slowing cyclosporine excretion|
|Thyrotropic drugs||Thyroid effect reduction|
|Antiepileptic drugs||Possible increased seizures|
|Rifampicin||Decreased testosterone androgen effects|
|Primidon||Decreased testosterone androgen effects|
|Colestipol||Decreased efficacy of colestipol|
|A nicotinic acid||Decreased plasma concentration of nicotinic acid|
The likelihood of acute manifestations of an overdose is unlikely. In chronic overdose, priapism occurs. In this case, treatment is temporarily discontinued.
The drug Sustanon is available in the form of an oil solution. Packing: 1 ml of solution / ampoule / pack.
The storage temperature of the injection solution is 8-30 degrees Celsius. The suitability of the drug for use is 5 years. Ampoules with solution should not be accessible to children.Composition of
1 ml of Sustanon solution contains testosterone propionate 0.03 g, testosterone phenylpropionate 0.06 g, testosterone decanoate 0.1 g, testosterone isocapronate 0.06 g. The mixture of esters in a total ratio contains 176 mg / ml testosterone. Auxiliary components: peanut butter, nitrogen, benzyl alcohol.
during the course of treatment, medical monitoring is important, as well as during the year after treatment with the drug. It is necessary to conduct a digital rectal examination, monitoring hematocrit, hemoglobin level.
Sustanon can provoke complications in patients with pathologies of the myocardium, kidneys, and liver.
When side effects occur, treatment is stopped only for a while, then, using lower doses, therapy is resumed.
In the elderly, the development of hypertrophic changes in the prostate gland, the occurrence of oncological pathology are possible.
Use by athletes is not warranted, and this is associated with a high risk of serious side effects.