1 ml of solution contains:
Active substances: testosterone propionate 30 mg, testosterone phenylpropionate 60 mg, testosterone isocapronate 60 mg, testosterone decanoate 100 mg. All four compounds are esters of the natural hormone testosterone. The total testosterone content is 176 mg.
Excipients: benzyl alcohol 0.1 ml, peanut butter up to 1 ml.
From almost colorless with a faint yellowish tint to yellow oil solution.
Testosterone is the main endogenous hormone indispensable for the normal growth and development of male genital organs and male secondary sexual characteristics. During life in adult men, testosterone is indispensable for the functioning of the testicles and associated structures, as well as for maintaining libido, well-being, erectile potency, and for the function of the prostate gland and seminal vesicles.
Treatment of hypogonadal men with Sustanon-250 leads to a clinically significant increase in plasma concentrations of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, estradiol and androstenedione, as well as a decrease in the level of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin); levels of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) are restored to normal values. Treatment with Sustanon-250 reduces the symptoms of testosterone deficiency. In addition, bone mineral density and muscle mass increase, in obese patients there is a decrease in body weight. During treatment, sexual functions are normalized, including erectile function and libido. When using the drug, the concentrations in the blood serum of HDL (high density lipoproteins), LDL (low density lipoproteins) and triglycerides are reduced, concentrations of hemoglobin and hematocrit increase, while there is no clinically significant change in the level of liver enzymes and PSA (prostatic specific antigen). The drug can cause an increase in the size of the prostate gland, while no functional changes are noted. In hypogonadal men with diabetes, the use of androgens improves insulin sensitivity and / or decreases the concentration of glucose in the blood plasma.
In boys with growth retardation and puberty, the use of androgens accelerates growth and stimulates the development of secondary sexual characteristics.
Treatment of transgender women with androgens, like Sustanon-250, promotes masculinization.
The drug Sustanon-250 contains a number of testosterone esters with different durations of action. These esters, once in the circulating blood, are immediately hydrolyzed into the natural hormone testosterone.
A single dose of Sustanon-250 leads to an increase in total testosterone in plasma, the maximum concentration of which reaches approximately 70 nmol / L (Cmax) and is observed approximately 24-48 hours (tmax) after administration. In men, testosterone levels return to the lower limit of normal after about 21 days.
In vitro tests show a high degree of nonspecific binding to plasma proteins of testosterone (more than 97%) and to SHBG (see reduction above).
Testosterone is metabolized to dihydrotestosterone and estriol naturally.
It is excreted mainly in the urine in the form of conjugates of etiocholanolone and androsterone.
Testosterone replacement therapy in men with pathological conditions associated with primary and secondary hypogonadism, both congenital and acquired.
- Identified or suspected prostate or breast cancer
- Hypersensitivity to any component of the drug, as well as to products containing soy and peanuts (peanuts).
- Children under 3 years of age (due to the content of benzyl alcohol in the preparation).
- In boys in the prepubertal period in order to avoid premature closure of the pineal glands and premature puberty.
- Chronic heart failure, renal and / or liver failure to prevent the development of edema.
- Hypertrophy of the prostate gland with symptoms of urinary retention.
- Sleep apnea, as well as risk factors such as obesity and chronic lung diseases.
Use during pregnancy and during breastfeeding
This drug is contraindicated during pregnancy due to possible masculinization of the fetus. There is not enough data on the use of this drug during breastfeeding to assess the possible harm to the newborn or the possible effect on the formation of breast milk.
Impact on the ability to drive vehicles and mechanisms
To date, no effect on the concentration of attention and the speed of psychomotor reactions when using the drug Sustanon-250 has been reported.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
The drug Sustanon-250 should be administered deeply intramuscularly.
The dosage regimen, as a rule, depends on the individual patient response to treatment.
Typically, the dose is 1 ml once every 3 weeks (numbers are visually better perceived).
CAUTIONS, THERAPY CONTROL
- Medical monitoring of patients receiving Sustanon-250 should be carried out before treatment and quarterly for 12 months and subsequently 1 time per year. The following studies should be carried out:
- Digital rectal examination (PRI) to exclude benign prostatic hyperplasia (see the same sentence) and the determination of specific prostate antigen (PSA) to exclude subclinical forms of prostate cancer.
- Measurement of hematocrit and hemoglobin to exclude polycythemia.
- In patients with a pre-existing pathology of the heart, kidneys or liver, treatment with androgens can cause complications characterized by edema with acute heart failure (or without it).
- In the event of adverse reactions associated with the use of androgens, treatment with Sustanon-250 should be temporarily discontinued, and after the disappearance of symptoms, resume at a lower dose.
- The use of androgens not for the intended purpose, but to enhance endurance in athletes, poses serious health risks. The use of androgens, including Sustanon-250 and elderly patients, increases the likelihood of developing hypertrophy or prostate cancer.
Typically, treatment with high doses of androgens, with prolonged treatment and / or frequent administration, is associated with the following adverse reactions:
|Benign, malignant and indefinite neoplasms (including cysts and polyps)||Prostate cancer (or worsening diagnosed prostate cancer)|
|From the blood system||Polycythemia|
|From the side of metabolism||Fluid retention (edema)|
|From the central nervous system||Depression, increased nervous irritability, mood changes, increased or decreased libido.|
|From the musculoskeletal system||Myalgia|
|From the cardiovascular system||High blood pressure|
|From the gastrointestinal tract||Nausea|
|On the part of the skin||Itching, acne|
|From the genitourinary system||Gynecomastia, oligospermia, decreased ejaculate volume, priapism, functional disorders of the prostate gland (hypertrophy).|
|Influence on laboratory indicators||Dysfunction of the liver, a decrease in the concentration of LDL, HDL and triglycerides in the blood serum, an increase in the level of PSA, hypercalcemia.|
After the cancellation of Sustanon side effects persist for a certain time. Injections can cause a local reaction at the injection site (pain, itching, hyperemia).
The acute toxicity of Sustanon-250 with intramuscular administration is very low. Priapism in men is a symptom of chronic overdose. In the case of priapism, treatment with Sustanon-250 should be temporarily discontinued, and after the disappearance of this symptom, resume at lower doses.
Medicines that cause induction or inhibition of enzymes can respectively decrease or increase the concentration of testosterone. Therefore, it may be necessary to adjust the dose and / or intervals between injections.
Androgens can increase glucose tolerance and reduce the need for insulin or other hypoglycemic drugs in people with diabetes.
High doses of androgens can enhance the effect of coumarin-type anticoagulants, which reduces the dose of these drugs.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF STORAGE
At a temperature of 8-30 ° C, in a place protected from light and inaccessible to children.
5 years. Do not use after expiration date.