It is an androgenic agent. It is a mixture of different testosterone esters. Testosterone is produced in the male sex glands, namely in the Leydig cells. This hormone is necessary for the formation of the prostate gland, testicles, seminal vesicles, the development of secondary, as well as tertiary sexual characteristics, acts on spermatogenesis. It is important for the processes of stimulation and maintenance of male sexual function. It has an anabolic effect, increases the content of mineral salts in bones, increases skeletal muscle mass, stimulates the formation of erythropoietin by the kidneys, and increases the level of hemoglobin in the blood. In healthy men, exogenous testosterone inhibits the secretion of endogenous hormone, inhibits spermatogenesis, affecting the inhibition of secretion of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). In men with functional impairment from the pituitary gland, it eliminates the symptoms of hypogonadism. In women, it has an antagonistic effect on estrogen. It inhibits the pituitary gonadotropic activity, inhibits the function of the mammary glands.
Composition and form of release
Active ingredients: testosterone propionate (30 mg), testosterone isocapronate (60 mg), testosterone phenylpropionate (60 mg), testosterone decanoate (100 mg).
Sustanon-250 is available in the form of an oil solution for injection.
Sustanon-250 is used in men:
- for substitution therapy in primary or secondary hypogonadism (eunuchoidism, hypopituitarism, post-castration syndrome, oligospermia);
- with male menopause, impotence (impotentia generandi virilis);
- with androgen deficiency (adiposogenital syndrome, Addison’s disease, pituitary dwarfism);
- with infertility (some species caused by impaired spermatogenesis).
- with breast cancer;
- with osteoporosis against the background of androgen deficiency;
- with ovarian cancer;
- with dysfunctional bleeding with hyperestrogenism, uterine myoma, endometriosis, menopausal disorders (in combination with estrogens);
- with premenstrual syndrome.
It can be used for various forms of hermaphroditism.
Not applicable Sustanon-250:
- with allergies to the active component;
- with intolerance of auxiliary components;
- with established or suspected prostate carcinoma;
- with gynecomastia;
- with hypercalcemia;
- with hypercalciuria;
- with heart failure;
- with renal / liver failure;
- in boys in the prepubertal period;
- in asthenics, men of advanced age.
Pregnancy and lactation
The use of Sustanon-250 during pregnancy is unacceptable.
If treatment is necessary, breast-feeding should be discontinued.
Dosage and administration
Sustanon-250 is used intramuscularly – deep into the gluteal muscle.
Doses are set depending on the indications, the patient’s response.
The standard dose is 1 ml once every 4 weeks.
Symptoms: priapism (pain during an erection) in men, hoarseness in women.
Use should be discontinued.
Endocrine disorders: women – menstruation, amenorrhea, masculinization, inhibition of gonadotropin secretion; men – oligospermia, gynecomastia, priapism, impaired spermatogenesis.
- Dermatological disorders: male pattern baldness, hirsutism, acne.
- Electrolyte disorders: retention of chlorine, sodium, water, calcium, potassium, inorganic phosphates.
- Digestive disorders: nausea, liver dysfunction, cholestatic jaundice, “hepatic” purpura, tumor neoplasms of the liver.
- Hematological disorders: inhibition of the activity of plasma factors of hemostasis II, V, VII, X, bleeding, polycythemia.
- Neurological disorders: libido disorders, fear, headaches, paresthesia.
- Metabolic Disorders: Hypercholesterolemia.
In boys – premature closure of the pineal glands, premature puberty.
- Others: soreness, inflammation at the injection site.
Terms and conditions of storage
Store Sustanon-250 at a temperature of +8 to + 30 ° C for no more than 5 years.